[pianotech] Workload

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco at luther.edu
Fri Oct 30 04:33:04 MDT 2009

Folks,

Like Ger, I did the super bulk tuning days in my misspent youth. As a
college tech I could go from one to the next without travel time. Then
I got carpal tunnel syndrome in both wrists.

I now consider 4-5 a day as a full day, just like I did when I was
self-employed and traveling all around the Philly area. (Travel time
helps to pace your day.)  I sometimes have to force myself NOT to tune
just one more piano so that my old body can keep going. (64 next
month)

Yes, in recent years I've occasionally done those 10 pianos in one day
for contest, but I'm a wet dishrag the next couple of days. ;-{

My 2¢.

--
Conrad Hoffsommer, RPT - Keyboard Technician
Luther College, 700 College Dr.,