[pianotech] Workload

Gerald Groot tunerboy3 at comcast.net
Thu Oct 29 13:46:47 MDT 2009

These days, 20-25 depending on the week.  30 sometimes.  That's only me.  I
also sub contract quite a few tunings out as well as rebuilding and
reconditioning jobs.

In my younger years, I would do as many as 40 or 50 weekly on a regular
basis and still be booked 3 months ahead.  In fact, I remember tuning as
many as 160 in a month by myself to get them all done.  (About 8 a day 5
days a week) Partial college work. Again, in my younger years!!...  No
thanks now!!

I've since become less stupid and now prefer more like 4-5 a day in churches
still doing the occasional 7 a day though.

I only tune 4 a day in homes usually.  That's plenty good enough for me at
age 53.  To dang hard on the body now!

Jer Groot