[pianotech] Workload

wimblees at aol.com wimblees at aol.com
Fri Oct 30 12:43:07 MDT 2009

My record for the number of tunings in one day is 21. A dealer rented several rooms at the convention center for a big weekend sale. Of the 21 pianos I tuned, about 12 of them I had put on a dolly and take to an adjacent room, because one of my employees was tuning in the main hall. The next day I came back and tuned 15 more. In total, I think the two of us tuned about 50 pianos in two days. Obviously, these were not concert level tunings.

All of those were in one location. My record for tuning and traveling to different locations, is 18. But 4 of those were in a store, and two were in a church. But I had to drive to the rest of them.

Wim