[pianotech] Web Site Usefullness

Rob McCall rob at mccallpiano.com
Sun Oct 25 02:15:11 MDT 2009

Hi Patrick,

I just recently launched my website last month. My first job from it
was two weeks later.  He told me he found it on Google, and discovered
that I was the only piano tuner in the area with a website.  He said
he liked what he read so he chose me.  What I made from that job paid
for the domain and hosting for the next 5 years! So I'd say that a
website is a very good thing!

Two things... David Anderson wrote a great set of articles in the
Journal, I believe it was Jan and Feb 2009.  What he says in there is
very true.

Also, take the time to look here.  http://www.google.com/webmasters/index2.html
   This will give you some help and tips on making your website easy
to find.  I also submitted my site to Google so that they could add it
to their database quicker than just letting their crawlers find me on
their own.

Good luck!

Rob McCall
McCall Piano Service, LLC