[pianotech] Web Site Usefullness

phil at emvkeys.ca phil at emvkeys.ca
Sat Oct 24 20:56:38 MDT 2009

<snip>
> I'm also certain Paul and Phil both have the right idea, have it done
> by someone who knows what they are doing and knows how to optimize it
> for Google and the other search engines.
> Also, my own advice here from what I learned from the ad game years
> ago, keep it simple, don't clutter your site with offers of lessons or
> music sales, most hosting sites can offer a second stand alone page
> for those with a link from your main site.
<snip>

Good advice from Michael. I was guided significantly by a couple of
articles in the Journal by David Anderson (can't remember which months,
sorry)

Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the largest part of the roughly
$350USD I invest per month toward web presence. That might seem like a
lot, but that investment reliably delivers about $1500 to $2000 per
month of first-time tunings to me. Add to that the likelihood that a
good number of these will become annual or biannual tunings, and also
that a good number give me further referrals, and I'm sure you'll agree
it's a no-brainer investment for a newer technician like me who as yet
doesn't have a full client base. (run on sentence, I know)

Phil