[pianotech] Web Site Usefullness

Michael Magness IFixPianos at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 24 16:41:17 MDT 2009

On Sat, Oct 24, 2009 at 1:30 PM, Patrick C. Poulson <pcpoulson at sbcglobal.net
> wrote:

> Good day all: I am considering putting up a web site, but just wonder how
> much of a result other PTG members have had with theirs. I offer the
> standard tuning and repair services, no refinishing, sales, or moving, and
> am in a semi-rural area with a smallish population  60 miles from the state
> capitol, Sacramento.
> Thanks,
> Patrick C. Poulson
> Registered Piano Technician
> 530-265-1983.

Hi Patrick,

Mine is currently under construction so I'll have to let you know. I do know
that more and more people are turning to the internet to find services and
the yellow pages just aren't enough any more.
I'm also certain Paul and Phil both have the right idea, have it done by
someone who knows what they are doing and knows how to optimize it for
Google and the other search engines.
Also, my own advice here from what I learned from the ad game years ago,
keep it simple, don't clutter your site with offers of lessons or music
sales, most hosting sites can offer a second stand alone page for those with
a link from your main site.

Good luck,

Mike
--
I intend to live forever. So far, so good.
Steven Wright

Michael Magness
Magness Piano Service
608-786-4404