[pianotech] Restringing with original pinblock

Al Guecia/AlliedPianoCraft AlliedPianoCraft at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 16 13:56:47 MDT 2009

Wim, because the piano was made in 1924 and I didn't know if it had been replaced. I didn't expect to find the block/wood in such good shape. The pins were all tight enough to hold a tune, but a little uneven. I would like to drill to even out the hole size as was suggested by the other replies to my post.

I've never used pin driving fluid, but I think it would be something to consider here.

David, if you could go a little more in depth about your fluid, I think I'd like to give it a try.

Al