[pianotech] Broken hammer shank on a Yamaha Spinet

Rob McCall rob at mccallpiano.com
Tue Oct 13 01:03:12 MDT 2009

Rex,

I know about detaching the lifter rods now!  :-)  That sure would've
made it easier...

Sorry for the confusion.  I did remove the hammer butt in about 3
minutes.  What I wanted to avoid was having to put it in and take it
back out multiple times. Sometimes I type for speed, other times for
clarity.  Rarely is it both!

You have some excellent ideas here. I know I'll utilize several of them.

I really appreciate your help. It felt like a full nickel's worth! :-)

Regards,

Rob McCall
McCall Piano Service, LLC
Murrieta, CA