[pianotech] pick-a-little-talk-a-little

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Tue Oct 6 17:19:24 MDT 2009

Reminds me of a recent encounter with a potential rebuild customer.  She
called me complaining that her piano just sound like crap, no singing tone
or sustain, percussive, etc. etc.  I went to look at the piano and, of
course, the piano was in desperate need of a new soundboard, ribs coming
off, tone like a bad banjo.  So after I told her that the piano needed a new
soundboard she replied.  "Oh, but won't that change the sound?"

David Love
www.davidlovepianos.com

The corollary is that no matter how dead the soundboard, how
poor the scaling, how sloppy, incompletely, and incompetently
done the work, some client will love it.

Ron N