[pianotech] pick-a-little-talk-a-little

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Tue Oct 6 12:14:17 MDT 2009

Dempsey Jr., Paul E wrote:

> I doubt that the customer will notice. I don't remember ever having a client even say the word becket.

Me either, though the lyre falling off might get their attention.

No matter how advanced the design, no matter how technically
and cosmetically perfect the execution, and no matter how well
it performs, some tech somewhere will find something wrong
with it.

The corollary is that no matter how dead the soundboard, how
poor the scaling, how sloppy, incompletely, and incompetently
done the work, some client will love it.

All will insist that they're right and moral in their
judgment, but few will have a workable rationale supporting it.

At least half of the people concerned won't agree with anyone
else's rationale.

Ron N