[pianotech] Pinblock Separation

paul bruesch paul at bruesch.net
Sat Jan 12 09:57:43 MST 2013

The one P/B separation repair I've done had to compensate for a couple of
P/Rs done by yers trooly, so I absolutely had to let tension down. I still
found it to be very hard to tighten my pipe clamps, and even bent one. I
wound up letting it WAY down, at which point the clamps pulled it closed
quite nicely.

I used large washers in the back, but found the wood still crushed fairly
considerably. It occurred to me at the time that I may want to glue on a
1/4" strip of maple or a hardwood plywood next time.  Thoughts?

Paul Bruesch
Stillwater, MN