[pianotech] A Happy New year?

Duaine Hechler dahechler at att.net
Tue Jan 1 20:45:42 MST 2013

Well......This year I hope I can get by without "table sawing" into my thumb - and - sanding into the side of my second
finger.

You see, was trying to split some wood for some player pneumatics ("jury rigged" with a non-zero clearance throated
table saw), the pneumatic jumped - not once (just making a fairly nasty cut) - but twice (requiring to go to the
hospital and get 6 stitches)

THEN, in trying to sand off the old glue, on the pneumatic fingers, the finger jump out and the side of MY finger hit
the course-grade belt sander.

The nerves are just now starting to heal - for the first several weeks, my thumb and fingers were numb and tingly.

Happy New Year,
Duaine

--
Duaine Hechler
Piano, Player Piano, Pump Organ - Tuning, Servicing & Rebuilding