[pianotech] A Happy New year?

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Tue Jan 1 20:54:50 MST 2013

On 1/1/2013 9:21 PM, Euphonious Thumpe wrote:
>  Which is why it's lotion at
> night,

Which is still creepy and hot, and doesn't really work for me.

>lots of disposable gloves during the work day. (And
> "choreographing" my motions so as to get my hands grimy as seldom as
> possible, thus preluding the drying aspects of washing, as much as
> possible.)

I don't think of a customer of mine right off that wouldn't be insulted
that I wouldn't touch their piano without gloves.

>And the latex ones are by far the most biodegradable, I suspect.

I usually use nitrile gloves working with epoxy in the shop, because
latex shreds immediately. Most other shop work shreds nitrile too, so
it's bare hands unless I'm doing something heavy with work gloves, which
don't keep me clean.

Bottom line - whatever works for you. I know what doesn't work for me.
Ron N