[pianotech] phenomana - experiment.

Susan Kline skline at peak.org
Tue May 15 18:22:25 MDT 2012

On 5/15/2012 4:22 PM, Duaine Hechler wrote:
> Say a customer likes his/her piano tuned a "certain" way and you tune
> it every six months.
>
> I bet ANY amount of money, that, even the best aural tuner, CAN NOT
> tune the piano EXACTLY the same in another six months.

Duaine, the question is, can the aural tuner tune it the "certain way"
every six months, so that the owner still likes it the same amount? Not
can the aural tuner produce exactly the same tuning to the limits of
digital measurability.

Now, if the piano is owned by a digital device which would blow a fuse
if the tuning weren't the same to less than a cent ... and if the seats
of a concert hall were filled with oscilloscopes instead of people ...

Susan