[pianotech] phenomana - experiment.

Duaine Hechler dahechler at att.net
Tue May 15 18:29:28 MDT 2012

On 05/15/2012 07:22 PM, Susan Kline wrote:
> On 5/15/2012 4:22 PM, Duaine Hechler wrote:
>> Say a customer likes his/her piano tuned a "certain" way and you tune it every six months.
>>
>> I bet ANY amount of money, that, even the best aural tuner, CAN NOT tune the piano EXACTLY the same in another six
>> months.
>
> Duaine, the question is, can the aural tuner tune it the "certain way" every six months, so that the owner still likes
> it the same amount? Not can the aural tuner produce exactly the same tuning to the limits of digital measurability.
>
> Now, if the piano is owned by a digital device which would blow a fuse if the tuning weren't the same to less than a
> cent ... and if the seats of a concert hall were filled with oscilloscopes instead of people ...
>
> Susan
Susan, you missed the point. Say, you have already experimented and found the right tuning to please the customer.

Then you come back in six months, and try to tune it EXACTLY the same way you did before. I'm betting you can't !

AND to just check yourself, use an ETD to check the second tuning against the first. I'm betting they will be different !

Duaine

--
Duaine Hechler
Piano, Player Piano, Pump Organ
dahechler at att.net
www.hechlerpianoandorgan.com
--
Home&  Business user of Linux - 11 years