[pianotech] tunelab vs. verituner

David Renaud drjazzca at gmail.com
Fri May 4 09:54:00 MDT 2012

I have used Tunelab for many years, and this year added verituner to my kit.

Both are running on iPad2.

I still use Tunelab for some applications.
Some of my custom tunings, aural tunings, I have saved from
Pianos I've tuned at concert halls hundreds of times, tweaked and saved
On Tunelab. Some features on Tunelab I miss when using verituner. The
Spectral display is useful when pitch raising to see the individual peaks
Of the 3 strings. There are over features I became accustomed to and miss.
I still like Tunelab, and for the money it is the best bang for the buck, and
A very very good tuning program.
Never less, I was  fussing and tweaking the generic curve for
Individual inharmonic variations note to note crossing stringing scale jumps.
Verituner does address this very effectively, and  produces an aural style
Tuning with smooth progressions  compensating for every quirk of the stringing
Scale according to custom preferences. It does do a superior high level tuning.
I am quite impressed with the verituner, and i spend the majority of my tuning time with
Verituner now. I will keep using Tunelab though. I am use to its pitch raise function,
Its features, And it does a good tuning.
      To surmise, Tunelab in my humble opinion has some superior features I have
Become accustomed to. Verituner in my opinion addresses concerns that drove me
To be forever be "tweaking" aurally on fine pianos for fine tuning. I really like the tuning
Quality verituner is producing for me.  Tunelab remains a permanent and useful part of
My kit though.

                         Cheers
                           Dave Renaud

Sent from my iPad