[pianotech] teflon

John Ross jrpiano at bellaliant.net
Fri Mar 30 20:40:32 MDT 2012

I have a container of that silicone, and I couldn't remember  where I got it.
It all came back to me, when you mentioned mixing it with naptha. I remember mixing up a batch.
I found that it evaporated on me, so obviously my container was not a good one.
For some reason I had it in my mind I got it from Hammond, when I worked on organs.
I have quite a bit left, it is Dow Corning 200 dielectric fluid, 1000 cs. viscosity.
Amazing what we keep, I must have had it about 30 years.
John Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia