[pianotech] Agraffe abuse (but going off-topic)

David Boyce David at piano.plus.com
Thu Mar 8 11:26:54 MST 2012

> I posted these photos here instead of the HL powered site, because
> this list still works.
> Ron N

This is not exactly a re-hash of previous concerns, but an observation
that just struck me the other day.

This list pops into a mail folder of its own in my email 'client'
(Thunderbird).  So does the new PTG HL forum PTG Pianotech, as digests.
So for me, all things are equal, in terms of email configuration, and
ease of clicking.

Why, then, am I as keen as ever to read through this list (I get it as
digests too), scanning, reading, ignoring as I see fit, yet when digests
pop into my PTG Pianotech folder, I am not really bothered to look at it
somehow?

It is not the nature of the contributions to the new PTG Pianotech; its
the same good guys n gals posting good stuff, some relevant to me, some
not.  Yet I don't feel moved to look at it at once, unlike this List.
Why not?  It is something to do with the visual aspect, perhaps. Too
much to wade through visually, not easy on the eyes, and needing to
click to see pics. I don't know.

Just thought I would mention this curious psychological difference.

Best regards,

David.
www.davidboyce.co.uk