[pianotech] redrilling plates for 90 deg hitchpins

Gene Nelson nelsong at intune88.com
Wed Jul 11 16:41:11 MDT 2012

Resurrecting this post and this is why I did not delete any of it - but I
would like to know - if one chooses to drill as Dell suggests below, not
removing the existing hitch pins, where the bit would bisect plate and hitch
pin when starting to drill, what sort of bit should be used - would a
standard jobber work ok? Is this a multiple pass job? My guess would be that
the bit would migrate toward the iron, away from the steel pin and tend to
elongate the hole at the surface??
Gene