[pianotech] List use - was ??whatever

Duaine Hechler dahechler at att.net
Tue Jul 3 21:48:58 MDT 2012

On 07/03/2012 09:09 PM, Ron Nossaman wrote:
> On 7/1/2012 7:48 PM, Duaine Hechler wrote:
>> Of course,..... I...... don't have the time to do this.....BUT..... the
>> smart thing to do, would be to turn the archives into a search-able wiki
>> type website page.
>>
>> Sounds good to me.....anyone else ?
>

> This has been suggested repeatedly through the years, and every time it is, I point out what a very bad idea it is.
> This would guarantee that the archives reflected and represented the beliefs, guesses, misinformation, prejudices,
> ignorance, and outdated mythology of the few people who's only qualifications are the available time and degree of ego
> necessary to think themselves qualified for the job.
>
> It's an extremely bad idea, just like all the other times it's been suggested, and for the same reason.
>
> Ron N

Ron, of course, there is a simple fix....have an "approval committee" approve the entries and information before they
are published.

Or have the info filtered FIRST by the "approval committee" before being given to the importers to the wiki.

Just like in the IT world, where a manager has to sign off on the "project" documentation.

Duaine

--
Duaine Hechler
Piano, Player Piano, Pump Organ
dahechler at att.net
www.hechlerpianoandorgan.com
--
Home&  Business user of Linux - 11 years