[pianotech] List use - was ??whatever

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Tue Jul 3 20:09:35 MDT 2012

On 7/1/2012 7:48 PM, Duaine Hechler wrote:
> Of course,..... I...... don't have the time to do this.....BUT..... the
> smart thing to do, would be to turn the archives into a search-able wiki
> type website page.
>
> Sounds good to me.....anyone else ?

This has been suggested repeatedly through the years, and every time it
is, I point out what a very bad idea it is. This would guarantee that
the archives reflected and represented the beliefs, guesses,
misinformation, prejudices, ignorance, and outdated mythology of the few
people who's only qualifications are the available time and degree of
ego necessary to think themselves qualified for the job.

It's an extremely bad idea, just like all the other times it's been
suggested, and for the same reason.

Ron N