[pianotech] Grand Backcheck Geometry

Paul McCloud pmc033 at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 28 20:43:54 MST 2012

Jim:
Check out Bill Spurlock's "Using the Grand Hammer Tail Jig".  In the instructions, there are very specific directions for radius of the tail (the purpose of the jig) and what constitutes the proper relationship with the backcheck.  I think he has these instructions for sale on his website www.spurlocktools.com.  I will not reproduce it here, for obvious reasons.  You will not be disappointed.
Paul McCloud
San Diego