[pianotech] Grand Backcheck Geometry

Dale Erwin erwinspiano at aol.com
Tue Feb 28 20:23:21 MST 2012

Dunno. I arc at a 3 inch pivot from the tail for longer blow pianos. Ie 48 mm and 2 3/4" for shorter blow. Checking Yamahas and Steinway they vary only slightly. It works so...
Understanding the actual geometry may not shed much light on the question.
Dale

Dale Erwin RPT-
 Mason & Hamlin/Steinway/U.S pianos
Pre-hung Ronsen hammer sets/Abel parts