[pianotech] More Dues Paying Fiasco (Sigh.......)

David Skolnik davidskolnik at optonline.net
Wed Feb 8 09:06:17 MST 2012

Sorry for previous mis-send

To David L and WimB -

DavidL wrote:
>are people's lives that empty that this topic continues in every
>possible ridiculous iteration. People should get a life and move on.
>.... Life is too short as it is.

At the risk of continuing the offense:
The original complaint was a re-kindled expression of frustration
about an issue that has not entirely disappeared: frustration with
aspects HL format and continued ignorance as to the ultimate (or
sooner) disposition of this list.   I agree that Will's post was,
perhaps, a bit premature, but, in his defense, he had already lost an
hour of his time, at least allegedly, to the errant software, so some
slack should have been extended.  Most of what followed was attacking
him or in defense of.  And I would have let it ride, even though "get
a life and move on" can, in fact, be read as provocative, but,
between this and Wim's closing "shut the hell up" (sans :-)) to what
was an otherwise reasonable perspective on organizational procedures,
I felt disinclined to simply walk away.

Both of you had the options of not continuing to read the thread or
of not responding.  You both made valid points, but allowed
yourselves to indulge in 'Zing'ery. That, as much as any flawed
thought process of others, is what tends to perpetuate these things,
past the point of enlightenment or fun.

Let's do better.

David Skolnik
Hastings on Hudson, NY