[pianotech] Belly talk

Euphonious Thumpe lclgcnp at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 2 11:48:46 MST 2012

I'm a rollicking neophyte when it comes to matters of rebuilding, when compared with some of the experts on this list; but, as a (sometimes) professional pianist, "liveliness" I define as: A) An astonishing amount of volume coming from the soundboard in relation to the amount of speed put into the keystroke. B) An ADDITIONALLY astonishing, seemingly EXPONENTIAL increase in volume, in relation to INCREASED keystroke speed. C) An increase in "brightness", also occasioned by this increased keystroke speed. My favorite pianos provide all of these experiences together and in full; while my less favorite ones perform them unevenly, and/or less. (And I rely on you experts, via this list, to help me comprehend the building/rebuilding factors which facilitate them!)

Gratefully,
Thumpe