[pianotech] action ratio

Jim Ialeggio jim at grandpianosolutions.com
Mon Aug 27 05:54:13 MDT 2012

Right...The regulation and especially fine regulation by feel are points
well taken, and are how I proceed in the real world.

My simple brain looked at the initial post, and interpreted it as a
question: "Are the 2 sides of this equation, mathematically speaking,
not regulation-ally speaking equivalent?"

My take is no. I think that the formula states terms that are not
equivalent.

Does it matter...maybe not, especially if the hammers weight is kept
under control. Its only when the shank is swinging a sledge hammer
weight that the functionality bandwidth is driven into OCD land anyway.

Jim Ialeggio

--
Jim Ialeggio
jim at grandpianosolutions.com