[pianotech] Yamaha U-1 Studeo Upright

Euphonious Thumpe lclgcnp at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 24 09:34:26 MDT 2012

>From what I've been told, the Japanese are not legally allowed to keep any luxury items more than 12 years. So they are REQUIRED to sell their pianos, and so naturally keep them tip-top, to get top yen (although they are an extremely culturally neat-and-clean people, to begin with).

Euphonious Thumpe

________________________________
 From: Piano Boutique <pianoboutique at comcast.net>
To: pianotech at ptg.org
Sent: Friday, August 24, 2012 9:17 AM
Subject: Re: [pianotech] Yamaha U-1 Studeo Upright

Remanufactured ranks right up there with
rebuilt.   In this case it seams to be cleaning up the piano for
resale.

Japanese keep their pianos like new.
They seldom by used, but discard and replace with new.   Where houses
take them in; clean up the regulation, hammers and finish and then send them to
the market in America where there are bargain hunters.   I get them
for about $2,000 and $200 to get delivered.   Sell for $4,000 with
another $200 for delivery.   They usually are in great shape with
nothing but a complementary tuning that is a breeze.

There you have it, $2,400 down and $1,600 take home
with a short stop out of the day:  I can live with that.

William