[pianotech] Yamaha U-1 Studeo Upright

Piano Boutique pianoboutique at comcast.net
Fri Aug 24 07:17:42 MDT 2012

Remanufactured ranks right up there with rebuilt.   In this case it seams to be cleaning up the piano for resale.

Japanese keep their pianos like new.   They seldom by used, but discard and replace with new.   Where houses take them in; clean up the regulation, hammers and finish and then send them to the market in America where there are bargain hunters.   I get them for about $2,000 and $200 to get delivered.   Sell for $4,000 with another $200 for delivery.   They usually are in great shape with nothing but a complementary tuning that is a breeze.

There you have it, $2,400 down and $1,600 take home with a short stop out of the day:  I can live with that.

William