[pianotech] Buffing plastic keys

Paul Williams pwilliams4 at unl.edu
Thu Aug 23 16:17:56 MDT 2012

Have you talked to the Steinway person who does key tops?  I would start
there.  I wouldn't waste time and money on some other key tops.  It sounds
odd that a new piano would even have this problem. Just a few keys or the
whole set? Perhaps her old piano was so worn that the key tops were nicely
worn to what she was used to?  I've seen that before too! The ivories were
actually caved in in the middle and she liked it! You get used to what
your used to! Even after 50 years.

Paul