[pianotech] So there I was...peacefully

Jim Ialeggio jim at grandpianosolutions.com
Wed Aug 22 19:05:16 MDT 2012

So there I was, peacefully grinding off vestigial duplexes
(dupli?...nah) and cast aliquots from an unsuspecting plate...calmly
minding my own business.

I'm almost done...

Then my eyes fall on that dreaded testament to bad taste and BS, the
cast lettering; "Continuous Bent Rim".  My calm disappears, and as my
mouth starts foaming I take the grinder to the "C", "o", "n" continuing
on the "Continuos" till it, "Bent" and "Rim" are dust on the floor.

Then...whats this?!  "Improved Repetition Action"...Oh no...off you go...!

"Capo D'Astro Bar"...toast!

Then as I'm calming down, my eyes fall on...just what are
these??...phony perimeter rivets??...Geez, there must be hundreds of 'em.

Should I or shouldn't I?  I should and did...thus allowing the
multitudinous rivetia to join their phony ferrous friends flooding the
floor with filings (...still foaming are we?)

Whew...There that's much better.

Now that the evidence proclaiming whatever said evidence was proclaiming
is gone and dust, does this piano still have a "Continuous Bent Rim",
"Improved Repetition Action" and "Capo D'Astro Bar"???

Hmm, I wonder...

Jim Ialeggio

--
Jim Ialeggio