[pianotech] WD40 on pinblock

David Boyce David at piano.plus.com
Wed Aug 22 16:47:30 MDT 2012

> Lovely.
>
> Hunt this person down and, quietly, kill him.
>

> Okay, don't kill him, but at least arrange for him to wake up in a
> Barney costume in a dark alley in a large city in a different
> hemisphere with no identification or cash, and three weeks missing
> from his memory. It would do the profession worlds of good.
>
> And no, incidentally, WD-40 isn't appropriate for dousing tuning pins
> in pianos.
>
> Ron N

Haha, great image Ron!  The client also told me that this other tuner
begged off from tuning the top half-octave or so, on the grounds that he
wasn't feeling great, and the notes weren't too bad......

I can't imagine how he would think that WD40 would confine itself to the
coils, no matter how carefully he applied it.

David.