[pianotech] More agraffes...kind'a

Jim Ialeggio jim at grandpianosolutions.com
Tue Aug 21 07:19:14 MDT 2012

Al said:

<Since the nitro can't re-solvate a catalyzed primer, you need a good
mechanical bond. It's hard to get a good sanding in the recesses.

right, so those limitations, regrading bonding, define the task as a
failure from the start, if you can't adequately prep the recesses which
make up a large portion of the acreage. Seems to makes more sense to
shoot for a chemical bond from the start.

Though I will say the SEM high build primer I was using was not
catalyzed, and could be solvent melted. So I'm not sure it was a
bonding, rather than a compatibility issue.

Jim Ialeggio

--
Jim Ialeggio
jim at grandpianosolutions.com