[pianotech] More agraffes...kind'a

Encore Pianos encorepianos at metrocast.net
Tue Aug 21 09:09:13 MDT 2012

Hi Jim:

I've used the SEM High Build Primer, and think it is fantastic stuff -
builds nice and sands incredibly easily.  I found that using scotch Brite
pads - the coarser Red and the finer Grey were the way to go, because they
will far more readily conform to the curved surfaces of a piano plate, yet
level the primer very easily.  But I used it based on the recommendation of
my auto paint guy, and he assured me that the auto paint urethanes that I
followed it with would be compatible.  It was.

As for excessive build up around your agraffes, that has not been a problem
for me using this primer.  Don't try to do too much in one coat, and follow
the spray schedule recommended for these catalyzed auto paints.

Will