[pianotech] Twisted sticks

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Fri Aug 10 17:08:55 MDT 2012

On 8/10/2012 1:50 PM, Rob McCall wrote:
> Ron,
>
> I thought about this... I remember you talking about this quite a
> while ago but I wasn't sure which area of the key to whittle.  Your
> picture tells all. Thanks...

That makes me 1000 words ahead!

That's the only place you really can remove a lot of material without it
showing or weakening the key. And I take off as much as I can, rather
than try for any three decimal balance figure. Very scientific, but
functionally practical. It is C-8 after all, and the front needs
lightened a lot.

> I have a follow-up tuning in about 3 weeks.  I'll bring my whittling
> knife and get to work.

No tape stitches though. Save the blood for stringing. <G>
Ron N