[pianotech] Sorry I asked?

Mark Dierauf pianotech at nhpianos.com
Fri Aug 3 11:45:16 MDT 2012

I recently set up a service call next week for a new client . As part of
my regular data collection routine I asked the make of the piano, which
she did not know. She said that she'd let me know later, after she'd had
a chance to look. She did say that it hadn't been tuned in at least 20
years and that the top key didn't work. Well, she has since reported
back that the instrument in question is a Haddorff Vertichord. I don't
think I've ever seen one of these, but the
Straight-from-the-Marketing-Department name arouses my natural
suspicion. Anybody ever seen one? Anything unusual I should be aware of
before I perform the expected 100¢ plus pitch-raise? Should I be sorry
that I asked?

- Mark