[pianotech] Electronic Toys - Wuz QR Codes

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 28 11:58:13 MDT 2012

Ron Said: (Most Eloquently, I might say.<G>)

Well Joe, I don't own a smart phone either. As it turns out, I don't
really have a whole lot of use for even a simple cell phone, other than
letting a customer know I'm at the front door. They'll not hear the
doorbell, but are constitutionally incapable of ignoring a ringing
phone. I've never found the need to text anyone, and have actually made
it through entire days without being in constant personal contact with
someone for every second, having music pouring into my ears from a radio
or digital player, or both. I don't have 73,294 "friends" on Facebook
that I've never heard of and have successfully figured out for myself
which way the screw turns to tighten it without posting the question on
a forum or - gasp - paleolithic email list. I do, as I've said before,
read, and am for the most part aware of the technology that's available
in the latest shallow and sparkly toy de jour, but usually chose to
waste my time and cash on different interests. It's a personal choice
everyone makes. So when you see me wandering around talking to myself
and looking disoriented, it's not because I'm swapping empty chit chat
with invisible friends through a state of the art nearly invisible
Bluetooth headset and my smarter than me phone to stave off the horrors
of loneliness and my own thoughts in crowds, it's because I'm discussing
amongst myself some thought or concept that originated and has so far
stayed within my own head. Weird, I know, and incomprehensible to most
folks. The biggest problems inherent in internal self entertainment
usually relate to the rest of the world presuming as a default, that I
own, use, and am minute by minute dependent on the the toys that those
who own and use them constantly presume that everyone worthy of
attention also owns and uses constantly. Contrary to established
cliches, the road to Hell is paved with arbitrary presumptions.

Before someone immediately uses the Luddite word, I'll point out that I
love toys as much as anyone. I just seem to have different tastes in
what qualifies.

Endtrans.... As you were,"

Ron N, You Da Man!
What you said is my mindset as well! Yikes! That's Scary!
<G>
Joe
Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain of the Tool Police