[pianotech] Glue study-Tight bond 50 and Assembly 65 PVA

Byeway222 at aol.com Byeway222 at aol.com
Thu Apr 19 03:49:16 MDT 2012

I know there has been serious discussion in the past regarding  PVA versus
hot animal glue for hammer hanging.  I bought some  Titebond  'Molding &
Trim' glue a couple of years ago for a set of  hammers which I am due to get
round to soon.   I can remember it  being recommended for its no-run, no-drip
qualities which are clearly useful for  this job, but information on its
hardness etc. now escapes me.  Does anyone  here know where it stands in the
hierarchy of PVA glues for jobs like  this?

Richard