[pianotech] Question about 19 1/2 wire

Al Guecia/Allied PianoCraft alliedpianocraft at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 12 13:26:36 MDT 2012

I am restringing a piano that calls for 19 1/2 wire (2 note - 6 strings) near the tenor break after 4 notes (8 strings) that are wound. I find that I am out of 19 1/2 (.044), so I borrowed some wire for another tech, that wasn't tagged. I measured it and it reads (.0435). Might be metric? What do you think, use it or wait for the 19 1/2, .044? I don't think .005 will make mush of a difference, but it is at the break and that causes me to worry. I hate thumpy sounding wire strings at the break.

Al -
High Point, NC