[pianotech] How long does a finish need to cure before moving

Al Guecia/Allied PianoCraft alliedpianocraft at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 5 13:53:56 MDT 2011

What Ron said are major factors in cure time and must be taken into account, but according to serval lacquer manufacturers, full cure (hardening) of nitrocellulose lacquer take about 21 days at 70 deg F.

My rule of dumb. Get your nose up to it and smell. If there is absolutely no lacquer odor, you should be safe, but I wouldn't leave it there for an extended period of time unless you followed the 21 day guideline.

Al -
High Point, NC