[pianotech] Soundboard Analysis

William Monroe bill at a440piano.net
Wed Jun 22 19:56:00 MDT 2011

Hi Will,

One issue I have with the Crownulator is that boards do not necessarily
(necessarily don't?) crown in a nice even radius.  Rather, they tend to be
variably crowned.  I doubt that's news to you, so I'm posing this more as a
question of whether or not you are comfortable with that limitation, and
with working around it using Jude's gauge.  I'm sure you've probably taken
readings at various placements along a particular rib  - what does that tell
you?

Thanks for the insight.

William R. Monroe