[pianotech] business license?

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Fri Jun 3 14:21:54 MDT 2011

In California (and many states) there are two different entities.  The State
Board of Equalization is licensing for collecting sales tax.  They issue a
resale number and are solely responsible for the collection of sales tax.
Then there are local municipality requirements for business licenses.  Some
have them some don't.  In San Francisco they are required because they levy
taxes on payroll amounts (a non issue if you have no employees) plus a
nominal registration fee.  So, you need to check the requirements of the
state and municipality in which you do business.  They vary.

David Love
www.davidlovepianos.com