[pianotech] Is this the work of an RPT?

Ed Foote a440a at aol.com
Wed Aug 31 16:43:02 MDT 2011

On 8/31/11 1:53 PM, Duaine Hechler wrote:

> Sorry to say but - Ed - open mouth and insert foot ......
>
> At least in our area, there is NO economic advantage. My mentor and RPT
> of 30+ years is losing business just like the rest of us non-RPT;s
> because of the countries economics and the better issue of persons going
> to electronic keyboards.
>Now, chomp down on your foot.
> Duaine

Hmm, interesting.  I could suggest you chomp down on something else, but I won't.
     I reiterate;  Quality creates its own market.  The capable and ethical techs I know are busy.  The hacks and
charlatans around here are having trouble.   IF you were able to pass the PTG tests,(which are the most
basic threshold of expertise I can imagine) you would be enjoying a  higher degree of credibility around here.
Instead, you have  a history of castigating the  RPT designation, claiming how it means nothing,etc.
 I submit that in your particular case, the lack of it means more.
Ed Foote RPT

http://www.piano-tuners.org/edfoote/index.html