[pianotech] Melting on plastic elbows

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Tue Sep 28 16:43:07 MDT 2010

On 9/28/2010 5:12 PM, Michael Magness wrote:

> I once had both legs & derriere fall asleep while I was adjusting
> dampers in a grand, I began to think I would never get up again!
> I rolled to my side then levered myself up on the bench with my arms.
> Mike

I did that once, and came up to find an old(er) guy standing there with
his hands in his pockets laughing at me. I said, "Remember when you
could walk without hearing your knees?" "Na", he grinned, "My memory's
not what it used to be."

And I still say they don't make light like they used to. Today's light
is - lumpy.

I do them on the bench too, for those reasons and the mess/stink.

Ron N