[pianotech] Virgil Smith

Tom Servinsky tompiano at bellsouth.net
Tue Sep 28 04:02:32 MDT 2010

I too am saddened by the loss of Virgil Smith. Virgil brought a lot to the table and challenged many technicians to listen on a higher, more advanced level. He had a very refined ear and a great understanding of the total picture of the piano.
Unfortunately, Virgil wasn't always able to articulate his perceptions in an understandable platform for others to follow. For that I felt he was unfairly chastised for choice of words rather than the body of work which he demonstrated well.
Tom Servinsky