[pianotech] Virgil Smith

Kent Swafford kswafford at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 04:46:28 MDT 2010

On Sep 28, 2010, at 5:02 AM, Tom Servinsky wrote:

> Virgil wasn't always able to articulate his perceptions in an understandable platform for others to follow. For that I felt he was unfairly chastised for choice of words rather than the body of work which he demonstrated well.

Yes, Virgil was a great treasure. Your comment brings to mind Leonard Bernstein talking about Gershwin's Rhapsody In Blue, a piece classical music purists seem to love to hate. Bernstein said words to the effect that people always talk about what is wrong with the Rhapsody and miss all the wonderful things that are right about the piece. Same with Virgil, I believe.

Kent Swafford