[pianotech] OT, handling customers

tnrwim at aol.com tnrwim at aol.com
Mon Sep 13 20:41:15 MDT 2010

For those who have had the inconvenience of medical issues which took you out of work for a number of weeks, how have you scheduled customers, or managed to keep them from going to other tuners while you were “laid up”?   I have to be thinking of this fairly quickly I fear, and it’s really rather worrisome.
Thanks
Les Bartlett
houston

Les

I might have read your post wrong the first time. It looks like you don't have any appointments yet, but will be getting calls while you're laid up.

If you're only going to be laid up for a three or four weeks, most of your regular customers will wait until you get better, especially if you explain the reason why you can't come right away. Hey, I used to take 3 week vacations, and very seldom did I loose a customer. In fact most of them were very good about waiting.

So treat you're medical sabbatical like a vacation, and rest assured, your customers will wait for you. The good thing about this is while you're laid up, it's a nice feeling to know that you will have a couple of weeks full of appointments after your recover.  That alone will make that recovery that much easier.

Good luck with what ever medical procedure you're going to have.

Wim