[pianotech] best respirator for refinishing

Mark Purney mark.purney at mesapiano.com
Sat Sep 11 03:15:38 MDT 2010

  We should probably mention the explosion-proof exhaust fans for
safety. These are very expensive, but they eliminate the possibility of
flammable fumes being ignited by the arcing of the fan's motor.  Also
consider the 24" square filter panels, made from similar material to the
inserts of a face respirator. These are used in line with the fans to
make your shop's exhaust less toxic.

You can get these things through industrial suppliers like McMaster Carr.