[pianotech] best respirator for refinishing

Rob McCall rob at mccallpiano.com
Fri Sep 10 13:40:17 MDT 2010

There is some truth to it.  As a pilot, I'm allowed to have a mustache provided it doesn't go beyond the corners of my mouth.  This is because oxygen masks won't seal properly with facial hair.  You can't have a beard or any other facial hair that would impinge upon the seal of the mask.  As for being successfully fitted with a respirator, I'm betting that it is because your facial hair stays within the confines of the mask and doesn't protrude beyond the seal of the mask to your face.  Hair under the seal WILL let bad things in to where you don't want them.

Regards,

Rob McCall

McCall Piano Service, LLC
www.mccallpiano.com