[pianotech] Acrosonic replacement

Andrew Anderson anrebe at gmail.com
Tue Sep 7 10:37:42 MDT 2010

Taking the cue from American-made and what was a pretty decent piano
in its time, you are probably looking at Charles Walter's smaller
uprights.  M&H doesn't make a smaller upright and mention of S&S would
probably raise the underwriter's hackles.  Essex is not a comparable.
Boston probably is but is not American-made.

Otherwise look at the best of the Chinese-made: Brodman, Wendl & Lung/
Hailun etc.

I'd probably lean to American-made for comparability.

Opinions may vary,
Andrew Anderson