[pianotech] (no subject)

Joe Goss imatunr at srvinet.com
Thu Sep 2 12:47:41 MDT 2010

Hi Marshall,
A pic would have eliminated much guess work on my part. and might still.
If it is the system I usually see there is a frame that supports the cover.
There are two arms on a wood frame that guide the cover as it is opened and closed.
There are two iron flat bars that have a yoke on one end and a hole in the middle of the bar. The bars are attached to the frame with two screws and a balance rail felt punching to reduce friction.
The yoke is held in place with a screw at each end of the cover under the finished side.

I do not remember if the two bars are connected in the middle.

Install with the bars held by the screws and the bars even with the back of the key cover.
When the cover is in place so that it is in the closed position, then move one flat so that it lines up with a hole in the finger pointing toward the action. Then attach the other and check the movement of the key cover.
Joe Goss  MMusEd RPT
imatunr at srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com